New Horizon School provides access to a specialized learning community for students who learn differently, including students with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, disorders of executive function, and/or learning challenges.
New Horizon School will be recognized as the leader in providing successful education outcomes for students who learn differently.
Philosophy & Guiding Principles
- Teaching is a calling.
- All staff & faculty are responsible for all students.
- NHS teachers engage in outstanding and effective instructional practices.
- Members of the NHS community advocate for the best educational interests and rights of students.
- Members of the NHS community maintain high expectations for students
- Families play a vital role in their student’s educational process.
- Community involvement is essential to the success of the school and its students.
- A safe and nurturing learning environment is essential.
- Firm, fair, consistent, and positive discipline is essential.
- The opportunity to develop both academic and non-academic skills and abilities is essential.
- Access to mental health or counseling services is essential.