Excellent educators from both public and private K12 schools are invited to join a Professional Educator Advisory Board (PEAB) to strengthen Washington State’s college and university educational degree programs on behalf of all students in our state. These people, who are doing great work in school every day, often remain unknown for their extra efforts developing training, content, practices and evaluation materials for the education degree programs on which they are collaborating.
Do you know any of these private school educators who have advocated for student success with the private school educator experience in mind on the following PEABs?
- Angelica Calcote, Teacher at Bellarmine Preparatory School in Tacoma on the Teacher PEAB at University of Washington, Tacoma
- Julie Deppa, Director of Culture & People Development at The Bear Creek School in Redmond on the Admin PEAB at Washington State University
- Kathleen De Bruyn, Teacher at New Horizon School in Renton on the Teacher PEAB at Pacific Lutheran University
- Stephanie Gates, Principal of Cascade Christian Academy in Wenatchee on the Admin PEAB at Wenatchee Valley College
- Kimberly Grycel, High School Teacher at Lynden Christian School on the Teacher PEAB at Western Washington University
- Anja Kubiniec, Prek & Elementary Teacher in The Gardner School of Arts & Sciences in Vancouver on the Teacher and ECE program at Clark College
- Michaela Monks, Teacher at St. Madeleine Sophie School in Bellevue on the Teacher PEAB for the Pilot Teacher Residency on Inclusivity & Special Education with the Washington Education Association
- Sam Procopio, Principal of Bishop Blanchet in Seattle on the Admin PEAB at the University of Washington
- Patrick Segadelli, Teacher at Gonzaga Prep in Spokane on the Washington State University School of Education Teacher PEAB.
- Sandi Wollum, Head of School at Seabury School in Tacoma on the University of Puget Sound Teacher PEAB
Thank you to the hundreds of additional independent school educators who WFIS has appointed to serve as the voice of private schools on these educational advisory boards.
The influence of a great educator can never be erased! If you know of someone who would appreciate the opportunity to gain board experience by advising on a PEAB, please use the WFIS PEAB Recommendation Form (on tab 2 of this page). The PEAB responsibilities and expectations can be found HERE