- Teaching is a calling.
- All staff & faculty are responsible for all students.
- NHS teachers engage in outstanding and effective instructional practices.
- Members of the NHS community advocate for the best educational interests and rights of students.
- Members of the NHS community maintain high expectations for students
- Families play a vital role in their student’s educational process.
- Community involvement is essential to the success of the school and its students.
- A safe and nurturing learning environment is essential.
- Firm, fair, consistent, and positive discipline is essential.
- The opportunity to develop both academic and non-academic skills and abilities is essential.
- Access to mental health or counseling services is essential.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
New Horizon School strives to create connections between students, families, and the school so that students can maximize their learning potential. We are cognizant of racism, bias patterns, social inequalities, and oppression, and we are committed to understanding and interrupting any patterns, whether conscious or unconscious, that result in disparities in academic achievement, most notably for marginalized groups. We embrace policies, processes, and practices that uphold inclusion. Together we nurture a diverse, equitable, and inclusive school culture that values and celebrates the differences brought by our community members. Collectively we work to clarify New Horizon School’s responsibility for advancing acceptance, opportunity, and achievement for all students.