Walk back in time … and find yourself in the land of sunflowers, truffles, foie gras and Malbec wines. Live for a week in SW France in the enchanting medieval artists’ village of St Cirq Lapopie. Maison d’Être is a charming 4-bedroom, 4.5 bath, 15th c. home with a beautiful private garden. The village is perched on a 300 ft. cliff above the River Lot. In 2012, the French voted it their #1 favorite village in the entire country. It is classified among the Most Beautiful Villages of France. St. Cirq Lapopie is in the Midi-Pyrenees region of France, just 1.75 hours’ drive north of the Toulouse International Airport.
• There are many things to do. Each morning, stroll to the top of the village to enjoy your cafe au lait and fresh-baked croissant. Dine on gourmet food in one of the many delightful restaurants, or make your own Coq au Vin in the gourmet kitchen with your fresh market purchases. Visit the artists’ shops and galleries scattered through the village, or tour a nearby Chateau built by the father of Charlemagne. Try wine tasting and discover the “Black Wine of Cahors.” See the cave paintings at Pech Merle, or visit the many markets in other beautiful villages nearby. Hike France’s Grand Randonee trail system. Take a cruise along the river or canoe it. Or simply drive the old winding road along the Lot, considered to be the most beautiful 100 km in France.
• Ideal for up to 4 couples or 8 Adults. NOT SUITABLE FOR DISABLED
• 4BR /4.5 Ba, kitchen, laundry, Wi-Fi, garden for al fresco dining
• Sleeps max 8
• NO SMOKING
• Available for one week (Saturday to Saturday) in June, July or August of 2018 or 2019
• Expires August 31, 2019
• Airfare and car NOT included (car is essential to enjoy the area).
• Winner must call ASAP to reserve preferred date as Maison d’Être can be booked early.
NOTE: Once booked, date may only be changed by mutual agreement.
admin January 29th, 2018
Posted In: Auction Items
admin October 28th, 2017
Posted In: Press Releases
Press Release: A visiting delegation from the country of Russia met with school board members, teachers, and students at New Horizon School (NHS) to share information about the secondary transition education of students with disabilities ages 18 and beyond. The visit took place on October 11, 2016. All three guests are teachers in Moscow Public School: Ms. Daria Alekseyevna Bulatova, Mr. Roman Valeryevich Gusarev, and Mr. Petr Valentinovich Sergeev. They are invited to the United States by the Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program and hosted by the World Affairs Council of Seattle to visit organizations and share information regarding how to provide and develop teaching strategies to create a more efficient inclusive educational program for students with disabilities.
admin October 14th, 2016
Posted In: Press Releases